Haynet Shrug
Here it is, the Haynet Shrug!
I'm not even sure why, but I sat down with a large crochet hook and some Wool-Ease Thick and Quick and became obsessed with this stitch pattern! It's super simple. A total beginner can make this shrug! But if you have some experience, don't rule it out.
It works up soooo fast - and it gets compliments galore. It's summer in Minnesota, so I've only worn my out of the house once, but I got two compliments in the first ten minutes. Then it got too warm out and I had to take it off. My son's partner stopped by the house randomly and noticed it folded on top of a box. She was compelled to ask about it and loved it. Christmas gifts maybe?
Why did I call it the Haynet Shrug? Well, as you may know, I have horses. Horses are often fed hay with a hay net to slow them down and keep the hay off the ground. When I started this stitch pattern that is what the open net-like pattern reminded me of, so what better name?
The only stitches you need to know to make your own shrug (or any of the patterns in the collection) is chain, single crochet, and treble crochet. If you are a total beginner, there are tutorials below. You will need to make a couple seams - sewing is recommended over a crocheted seam, but there are no edge stitches and only a few ends to weave in (unless you go crazy and decide to make stripes)!
As always, the pattern is available as a pdf on Etsy, or you can add it to your Ravelry queue.
Need materials? Here's what I used to make the Haynet Shrug.
4 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick
Size N/15 (10.0 mm) crochet hook
If you are new to crochet, this is a great set that includes all the sizes you will need for learning
The entire Haynet collection is coming soon!!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Crochet the Haynet Collection
Photo Tutorial
Chain
Step 1: To make the starting chain, start with a slip knot. Pull it snug around the barrel of your hook. I use my crochet hook to make a slip knot.
Step 2: Hold the knot between the thumb and forefinger of your left hand. Bring your hook under the yarn held in your left hand and hook it with the crochet hook.
Step 3: Pull the yarn through the loop on your hook. One chain made. Repeat until chain reaches desired length. Count only the stitches on the chain (not the loop on the hook).
Single Crochet
Step 1: Insert hook into the back bump of the second stitch from your hook. You can find the back bumps by turning over the chain. (see image)
Step 2: Yarn over (hook the yarn with your hook) and pull the yarn through the stitch.
Step 3: Yarn over again and pull the yarn through both loops on your hook. One single crochet (sc) made.
Treble Crochet
Step 1: Chain 3 to start the row. This chain counts as a treble stitch. Turn your work to the other side.
Step 2: Yarn over twice (wrap the yarn around the hook twice).
Step 3: Insert hook into chain-1 space from the row below.
Step 4: Yarn over and pull loop through chain-1 space.
Step 5: Yarn over and pull loop through the first two loops on your hook.
Step 6: Yarn over and pull loop through the next two loops on your hook (the loop you just pulled in Step 5 and then next loop that was already on your hook).
Step 8: Chain 1 and repeat for each chain-1 space across the row. Without chaining 1, treble in the last stitch.
Haynet Shrug
Materials
- 4 Skeins of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick (6 oz/170 g; 106 yd) in #640-158I Mustard
- Size N/15 (10.0 mm) crochet hook (sometimes labeled as N/P or P/15 - check the size in mm to be sure)
- Tapestry Needle

.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
.jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)
%20(1).jpg)






Comments
Post a Comment