What Is Yarnmare?

What is Yarnmare?

I created Yarnmare to share knit and crochet patterns and projects. Before I could begin, I needed a name. I tried so many combinations, but everything I tried was already being used by someone. I came up with Yarnmare to connect to my love of horses. I thought of Yarn Filly, but, I thought, I'm not much of a filly anymore. I'm more of a mare - and the name was created. As I pondered the name Yarnmare, I realized that the reason I kind of liked the sound was because it almost sounded like "nightmare." At that point I realized the true meaning of Yarnmare. A Yarnmare is that horrible tangle of yarn that happens right in the middle of your work - like this one:


This was one of those tangles that fell out of the skein. My working yarn was still attached and trying to unwind from the outside of the ball. As I used more yarn in the project I am working on (sneak preview coming soon) the tangle got tanglier. The only solution was to get to the end of the section with this color so I could break off and untangle.

The funny thing about this particular "yarnmare" is that it happened the day after I decided to start blogging and open an Etsy storefront. As I untangled this mess I explained the whole story to my hubby. His response was priceless: "So life imitates art." Then he added something about how I created the name and then created the actual "yarnmare." Yes. That's exactly what happened!

I know all of you have had your own personal yarnmare experience. Please share them in the comments below. I would love to hear the stories!

Comments

Popular Posts